Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Update

Wow! I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since I have posted on here! I am so sorry! I left Haiti about a month and a half ago, and it was so so hard!! I am so thankful that I will be retuning, Lord willing on June 4th, and will be returning home July 19th. I am so excited to be back in such an amazing place and I can't wait to see all the sweet kiddos again!  

This is a photo of Jesus' provision spread across my living room floor. (and here's what you can do to help) Let me explain, When I was in Haiti in April it became evident to me that there was a great need for teaching and support for mothers, as well as a need for basic supplies for them to be able to care for their children. The Lord began putting ideas and pieces together for an expectant mother and new mother class where Haitian mothers would be able to learn skills and receive needed items.  summer my dear friend Lauren Haines who is a certified Birth Doula will be teaching the classes. We have a great need for the supplies, but the Lord has already begun to provide! I was able to get 60 onesies for free at our churches FeeBay event this past weekend, but we still need supplies to make this project happen! 



Here is what we still need:
94-12 oz containers of powdered formula (about $10 each)
40-short sleeve onesies in sizes 0-3M-12M (about $2 each)
100-bottles of pre-natal vitamins (about $8 for a 6 month supply)
100-simple plastic baby bottles (about $1 each)
Baby carriers/wraps/slings( about $20-$30 each)- we will take as many of these as possible
If you would like to donate there are three ways to do it!
#1 if you want to help and love to shop, feel free to pick up any of the things on this list and then we can figure out a time to connect for me to get them.
#2 if you want to help, but you are not local or you don't have time to go shopping, you can sponsor items and I would be happy to shop for you!
#3 if you have some of these things in new or gently used condition that you would like to pass along, I would be more than happy to take them!
Thank you all for your support, it means so much to me, and I know it will to the sweet mamas we will get to serve as well.
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

Wow! I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since I have posted on here! I am so sorry! I left Haiti about a month and a half ago, ...